Andrew Scheer, Leader of the Official Opposition and the Conservative Party of Canada, today announced the appointment of a strong, diverse team to lead the Conservative Caucus. The appointments include:
• Deputy Leader of the Official Opposition: Hon. Lisa Raitt (Milton, ON)
• Quebec Political Lieutenant: Alain Rayes (Richmond—Arthabaska, QC)
• House Leader of the Official Opposition: Hon. Candice Bergen (Portage—Lisgar, MB)
• Chief Opposition Whip: Mark Strahl (Chiliwack—Hope, BC)
• Deputy House Leader of the Official Opposition: Chris Warkentin (Grande Prairie—Mackenzie, AB)
“I am incredibly proud to be working with these capable women and men. They’re all people of conviction and of principle, and they represent the positive Conservative vision we want to share with all Canadians,” said Andrew Scheer.
“I also want to thank Gord Brown for his past service as Chief Opposition Whip. His wisdom and guidance at a crucial time for our Caucus helped us emerge a more united conservative movement, and I’ll be counting on Gord to play an important role for us going forward.”
The Conservative Party’s top leadership team has roots in every region of Canada, and brings a wealth of experience in the private sector and in public life to their positions. They will form the core of a strong Conservative Opposition, which already boasts a proven record of holding the government to account.
“We are excited to share our positive Conservative vision with Canadians,” said Scheer. “I look forward to working with all of our Members of Parliament and Senators as we build a strong Conservative team that gives a voice to taxpayers and families.”